Johnny Depp returns to the North with Hollywood Vampires
Written by Jodie Sowerby on 25th October 2022
Following the announcement of the opening act for the summer 2023 season at Scarborough Open Air Theatre, rock royalty Alice Cooper and Hollywood megastar Johnny Depp will play the Yorkshire Coast the following year.
THE VAMPIRES RISE AGAIN! NEW UK DATES!!!
Wednesday July 5 – Scarborough
Friday July 7 – Swansea⁰Saturday July 8 – Manchester⁰Sunday July 9 – London
Tuesday July 11 – Birmingham
Wednesday July 12 – Glasgow
For tickets, VIP info and more visit: https://t.co/cFmeqzENh0 pic.twitter.com/IwnWAEK0FF
— Hollywood Vampires (@hollywoodvamps) October 24, 2022
Due of the worldwide pandemic, the band was forced to postpone their 2020 tour. The band performs songs by classic rock artists including The Who, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, and Motörhead. They refer to themselves as the “greatest bar band in the world.”
The group is the first headlining act for the summer season at the Scarborough Open Air Theatre in 2023. The group also features guitarist Tommy Henriksen of Aerosmith.
Frontman Alice Cooper said:
“We’ll be rocking these places, especially England, I can’t wait to get to England! Lock your doors, put garlic all around, because the Vampires are coming!”
The band started performing together in 2015 after becoming close friends via a shared love of their favourite songs and a wish to honour their “lost, drunk buddies” by playing music by the heroes who had died in battle. Legendary concerts took place all around the world and were named after Alice’s drinking club from the 1970s, which featured people like John Lennon, Mickey Dolenz, and Keith Moon.
Seether, a South African rock band with an international fan base and an outstanding chart career that includes 17 number-one hits and more than two billion streams globally, will support the tour as special guests.
The North East is no stranger to Johnny Depp; recently, the actor was seen celebrating in Newcastle with Sam Fender, and the region is also home to one of his favourite bars.
Five North East Venues Visited by Johnny Depp
- The Bridge Tavern, Newcastle – Depp surprised Newcastle residents by showing up to a Quayside pub with rock guitarist Beck and fellow musician Sam Fender to celebrate his victory. The actor had a traditional British fish and chips meal at The Bridge Tavern, followed by a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale. The actor then made the workers feel welcome.
- Barbican, York – He is rumoured to have been to the spot before, particularly when he was close filming the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake in 2005. The Star also claimed his “most favourite bar”.
- The Sage, Gateshead – Depp visited the music venue along with his old time friend Jeff Black.
- Jam Jam Bar, Jesmond – Depp was spotted having fun in the fashionable pub Jam Jam in the Jesmond neighbourhood. The place is known for serving unique cocktails and transatlantic comfort cuisine.
- Principal Hotel, York – Before the show at the venue in York, the star, 58, was seen in a snap outside the Principal Hotel as other admirers waited outside York Barbican to see him.
The Scarborough Open Air Theatre website will begin selling tickets at 10am on Friday, October 28 for Hollywood Vampires and Seether.