Peacocks Blandford Street fire: firefighters tackle major blaze in Sunderland City Centre
Written by Spark on 24th January 2019
Firefighters have been sent out overnight to tackle a blaze at the Peacocks store in Sunderland City Centre.
Smoke was seen coming out of the roof tiles and eyewitness statements say that the fire may have been started from the rear of the building.
Greggs, Fona Pizza, and The Salvation Army were also on site to provide food and refreshments for the fire service. An anonymous source from Northumbria Police says that they will most likely be there overnight.
See our image gallery below:
Image credit: Ryan Lim