The Tall Ships Sunderland 2018- Day 5
Written by Spark on 14th July 2018
The final day of The Tall Ships Sunderland today! There is still plenty to keep you entertained, from arts to dancing, to live music!
The ships are making their final safety checks before making their way to Esbjerg for the first leg of the race, and there is Summer Streets based at Seaburn Recreation Park. We are also going to be broadcasting from there too, so we’ll see you there!
Whats on Today?
- 11am – Paulo Nani is “Jekyll on Ice” a hilarious clown ice cream seller entertaining visitors in Event Zone C.
- 12noon -8.30pm – For this year only, Summer Streets Music Festival moves to Recreation Park, Seaburn
- 5-7pm – Parade of Sail – Between 1.30pm and 5pm the ships will leave their berths and move out into the North Sea to take part in the stunning Parade of Sail.
At 5.30pm until 7pm the ships will parade northwards up the coast to Souter Point, before turning round and heading out to the North Sea. The coastal resorts of Roker and Seaburn will provide fabulous viewing points as the city bids a fond farewell to the fleet. Leg 1 of The Tall Ships Races from Sunderland to Esbjerg will begin out to sea between 8pm and 9pm.
Continuing today are…
- 10am -10pm – The official Tall Ships Makers Market open in Event Zone C.
- 12noon & 2pm – An upturned shipwreck is the stage for Citrus Arts “Shipwrecks” a dance and aerial performance in Event Zone A.
We are broadcasting live from the Summer Streets festival in Event Zone D.
- Today we will have reporters out and about in the field so if you see them stop and say hi!
- We will continue full programming on the Tall Ships Races 12PM -6PM.
- You could win tickets to see Rob Temple the hypnotist from our team in the Port!
- To view all you need for travel and any other information click here.
- And don’t forget to tune in to 107FM, Online or via the Radio Player or the Tune In App on your mobile or smart speaker.