The Tall Ships Races Sunderland 2018- Day 4
Written by Spark on 13th July 2018
It is Day 4 of the Tall Ship Races Sunderland 2018, and nerves are mounting for the sailor training ambassadors heading to their ships today…
It is Friday the 13th, and we wish the Tall Ships Ambassadors pictured here all the luck possible as they prepare to voyage to Esbjerg. Despite the preparations being made for voyage, there are lots of events to keep us entertained as the spectacle of 55 ships on the River Wear brings an estimated 1.5 million people to the city
Whats on Today?
- 1.30pm, 3.30pm & 5.30pm – Sunderland’s own Emma Bloomfield re-enacts the story of local hero Jack Crawford, in Event Zone A
- 11am & 1pm – An upturned shipwreck is the stage for Citrus Arts “Shipwrecks” a dance and aerial performance in Event Zone A.
- 2pm & 5pm – Paulo Nani is “Jekyll on Ice” a hilarious clown ice cream seller entertaining visitors in Event Zone C.
- 3pm and 7pm – Southpaw Dance will be whirling themselves around a real fairground carousel in a spectacular show in Event Zone B.
- 9.30pm – An awe inspiring high wire walk across the River Wear by Cirque Bijou is the highlight of the event, accompanied by live music and a few surprises! This event is best viewed from St Peters riverside at Event Zone C.
Continuing today are…
- 10am -10pm – The official Tall Ships Makers Market open in Event Zone C.
- 10.30am, 12.30pm and 2.20pm – Thomas Potts WEAR PIRATES, WE ARRRRRRRRR! follows the misadventures of Spottee, Dottee and Pottee, a trio of eccentric seadogs who find themselves shipwrecked in Sunderland, Event Zone C
- 1.30pm, 3.30pm & 5.30pm – Sunderland’s own Emma Bloomfield re-enacts the story of local hero Jack Crawford, literally climbing a mast of one of the Tall Ships (Santa Maria Manuela) in a daring display of aerial artistry. Event Zone A
- 12.30pm & 5pm – Extraordinary Bodies showcase their groundbreaking new circus show What am I worth? in Event Zone C.
- 12.30pm, 3.30pm and 6pm – In Event Zone A Penella Bee will entertain the crowds with an interactive performance “Senora’s Gambit” played out on a giant chess board.
- 1pm – 8pm – The Georgian Festival continues at Holy Trinity Church in Event Zone B.
We are broadcasting live from the Donison School near Event Zone B
- Today we will have reporters out and about in the field so if you see them stop and say hi!
- We will continue full programming on the Tall Ships Races 8AM -7PM.
- You could win tickets to see Rob Temple the hypnotist from our team in the Port!
- To view all you need for travel and any other information click here.
- And don’t forget to tune in to 107FM, Online or via the Radio Player or the Tune In App on your mobile or smart speaker.