The Tall Ships Races Sunderland 2018- Day 3
Written by Spark on 12th July 2018
Ships can still arrive until 12pm today, but most of them are here! Head down to Event Zone A or B to get the best views of these magnificent ships!
The stage programmes at Town Moor in Event Zones B and C will be in full swing with local music and performers. See Town Moor Stage Programme for more information, and if anything catches your fancy, come see us in the Donison School!
Whats on Today?
- 3pm – 4.30pm – Crew Parade makes it’s way from the Civic Centre, through the city centre to a prize giving ceremony in Event Zone C. The 1200+ crew will be joined by Close Act’s astonishing stilt dancers and electro drummers on the carnival style parade.
- m3.15pm and 7.45pm – Southpaw Dance will be whirling themselves around a real fairground carousel in a spectacular show in Event Zone B.
- 6.30pm – Sisus Sirkus, an all-girl Finnish circus company are performing in the UK for the first time. Don’t miss them in Event Zone B, at Barrack Street.
- 9.30pm – The day closes with a short firework display from the Port in Zone A.
Continuing today are…
- 10am -10pm – The official Tall Ships Makers Market open in Event Zone C.
- 10.30am, 12.30pm and 2.20pm – Thomas Potts WEAR PIRATES, WE ARRRRRRRRR! follows the misadventures of Spottee, Dottee and Pottee, a trio of eccentric seadogs who find themselves shipwrecked in Sunderland, Event Zone C
- 1.30pm, 3.30pm & 5.30pm – Sunderland’s own Emma Bloomfield re-enacts the story of local hero Jack Crawford, literally climbing a mast of one of the Tall Ships (Santa Maria Manuela) in a daring display of aerial artistry. Event Zone A
- 12.30pm & 5pm – Extraordinary Bodies showcase their groundbreaking new circus show What am I worth? in Event Zone C.
- 12.30pm, 3.30pm and 6pm – In Event Zone A Penella Bee will entertain the crowds with an interactive performance “Senora’s Gambit” played out on a giant chess board.
- 1pm – 8pm – The Georgian Festival continues at Holy Trinity Church in Event Zone B.
We are broadcasting live from the Donison School near Event Zone B
- Today we will have reporters out and about in the field so if you see them stop and say hi!
- We will continue full programming on the Tall Ships Races 8AM -7PM.
- You could win tickets to see Rob Temple the hypnotist from our team in the Port!
- To view all you need for travel and any other information click here.
- And don’t forget to tune in to 107FM, Online or via the Radio Player or the Tune In App on your mobile or smart speaker.