The Tall Ships Races Sunderland 2018- Day 2
Written by Spark on 11th July 2018
It’s the second day of The Tall Ships Races Sunderland, and nearly all of the Tall Ships are now berthed. There is loads of fantastic events today, from being able to access some of the ships and have a look around, to fireworks later and even various circus and dance acts!
Throughout the event, there are attractions such as The Tall Ships Market, the international food stalls and the Georgian Festival, each in different Event Zones, but there are also special events each day.
Event Zones A, B, and C are open from 10am- 1opm until Friday, with Event Zone D being open on Saturday only from 10am-10pm, although this is still open to the public.
Whats on Today?
There is a full programme across the three zones, with highlights including;
- The Big Sing in Zone C which is a live-streamed world record attempt, as schoolchildren from across Sunderland sing a collection of songs.
- Extraordinary Bodies showcase their groundbreaking new circus show What am I worth? in Event Zone C
- Royal Northern Sinfonia and Sunderland Sympony Orchestra will take to the main stage in Event Zone B, with some classics to sing along to
- Sunderland’s own Emma Bloomfield re-enacts the story of local hero Jack Crawford, in a daring display of aerial artistry which can be seen from Event Zone A
And many more performances which you can click here to see.
We are broadcasting live from the Donison School near Event Zone B
- Today we will have reporters out and about in the field so if you see them stop and say hi!
- We will have full programming on the Tall Ships Races 8AM -7PM.
- You could win tickets to see Rob Temple the hypnotist from our team in the Port!
- To view all you need for travel and any other information click here.
- And don’t forget to tune in to 107FM, Online or via the Radio Player or the Tune In App on your mobile or smart speaker.