Spark Nominated for 13 I Love Student Radio Awards
13 March 2018 Featured
We’re celebrating today as Spark was nominated for 13 awards at the national I Love Student Radio Awards last night.
Award entries ranged from Outstanding Contributor, to Hero of the Moment, Best Training Initiative, and Most Improved Station.
The 13 nods to Team Spark, means we picked up more nominations than any other station.
Volunteers from various student stations have to nominate others in the various categories, which then go to the Student Radio Association (SRA) where judges sift through to come up with a shortlist.
Underground Beats host and Head of Music at Spark, Larnie Moles, picked up two nominations receiving recognition for Hero of the Moment and Most Committed Committee Member.
Spark also picked up the most nominations in a single category, with four members of the team nominated for Outstanding Contribution.
While our recent fundraising campaign, Head to Head, where Spark’s Colin Cunningham donated his hair to charity live on air, was also recognised for Best Audience Initiative.
Spark’s 13 nominations in full are:
- Jessica Robinson for Outstanding Contribution
- Liam Milburn for Outstanding Contribution
- Ethan Lowerson-Marshall for Outstanding Contribution
- Jonny Goldsmith for Outstanding Contribution
- Larnie Moles for Hero of the Moment
- Katie Baggott for Hero of the Moment
- Nathan Ely for Most Committed Committee Member
- Larnie Moles for Most Committed Committee Member
- Head to Head for Best Audience Initiative
- The Passport (Declan Garner, Dane Wilkinson, Laura Willis, and Catarina Cunha Vieira) for Best Outreach Project
- The programming team for Best Team (Nathan Ely, Liam Milburn, Adam Wood, Katie Baggott, Tom Glenwright and Hayden Beckett are part of the team)
- Best Training Initiative came to us as a station, but Eddie Hewitt is the one responsible for it!
- Spark itself were also nominated for Most Improved Station!
Winners and Highly Commended in each category will be announced at the annual Student Radio Conference (6th of April), which is being hosted by Livewire, the student radio station based at the University of East Anglia.
The National Student Radio Conference aims to celebrate the commitment and contributions of individuals to student radio.
You can view the full shortlist of nominations from all Student Stations by clicking here.
Spark Awards, Head to Head, I Love Student Radio Awards, Livewire, Nominated, Spark, SRA, SRA Con, SRACon, Student Radio, Student Radio Association, sunderland, The Passport, The Princess Trust, Tyne & Wear, Tyne and Wear, University of East Anglia, University of Sunderland, UoS